I love what I do! Video storytelling, anticipating breaking action, capturing emotion and understanding the human psyche are the expert tools of my craft. I've shot, directed and interviewed anyone from go-go dancers, beauty queens, teens, celebrities and athletes.
An award-winning background in Fine Arts exhibitioning and Dance/Performance choreography, I launched my career as a camera operator in 2001during my Master's degree, starting with assisting in commercials. I grew steadily in corporate video, event documentation and video art installation exhibitioning until 2006, when I entered the entertainment industry. Since then, I've shot, cast, directed and field produced for several hit shows, episodes and online shows for popular networks such as, MTV, BET, Food Network, VH-1, GSN, Fox News, NBC, CBS, Nat Geo, Spike TV, etc...
I've operated anything from DSLR to pedestal cameras. I shoot cinema verite and personally connect with my subjects through movement, story and dance.
National Geographic shoot 'Unlikely Animal Friends'
Creative Background: Read Exhibiting Artist bio .
School of Visual Arts- MFA degree with a focus in Video & Interactivity
University of Southern California- BA in Fine Arts
AWARD & HONORS
- Video works screened in festivals at New York City (at BAM,
Engine 27, Remote Lounge), Antwerp, Ghent, Argentina, Manchester, London, Antwerp, and Chicago.
- Recognized as"One of the New Leonardos in presentation of the New York Digital Salon 2003," for her MFACA thesis, an interactive video installation, The Listening Pillow.
- Guest speaker/ artist residence in Die High School, France
- Alumnist Jury panelist for the MFACA Scholarships at School of Visual Arts.
- Hawaii State Dance Council award recipient for choreography 2000
- Dancer with Iona Dance Theater (3 seasons)
-1989 NCAA Division III National Championships in Collegiate Women's Volleyball
Jonas Brothers concert in Hawaii.
Positions I've held in Broadcast
Over 10 years in video and broadcast production. I shoot, produce and continue to assist other crew in the field.
Television/Commercial Actress (SAG-AFTRA)